daily epiphanie

a usually sudden manifestation or perception of the essential nature or meaning of something.....

My Photo
Name:
Location: Chula Vista, California, United States

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Jury Duty 08/02/06

Ok so yesterday I had Jury Duty. I know what your thinking, big deal either go or comeup with an excuse. Well I really had no excuse not to go. My company pays me for it and I'm good for at least a year.
I'm trying to save some gas and money I take the trolley downtown. To be honest I was expecting more excitement. I was sorely disappointed. Anyway I get to the Hall Of Justice since it is a city building we have to go thru metal detectors. I had the sudden urge to "moo" or "baaa" as we were being herded through into a very large observation room. So I sit down and wait, at first it wasn't so bad because I had my PSP and some books. At about 8:15 I got there at 8am, some old guy a Judge gets on this mic and goes on and on about how the jury selection came about, and how important it is blah, blah, blah. When he's done talking people start to clap. Wait a minute clap. These people like myself have not had there caffine yet, so there a little dilusioned. They have to be right??
When the "honorable" leaves, this lady gives the orientation instructions. Were going pretty quick. You know what I'm Thinking? YES! I'm getting outta here soon. Enjoy my day what ever. AAhh nope.
So after our 20 minute break, You know what we did? We sat and waited sat and waited. Whenever the loud speaker would come on we would all look up to the ceiling as if being graced with freedom. Some people were very lucky and were gone by 11:30. The rest of us well we got a two hour lunch to do whatever we wanted.
I walked around Horton Plaza for about an 1 1/2 hrs. and was reminded of how much I hate it. Back to my doom with the hopes that maybe we would be let go early. No, No,No I got back and was allowed to sit some more. The voice above would announce every 30 mins that there were courts still requesting to hold jurors.
I'm sitting because some a**holes can't decide what. Just when I'm about to say screw it. they can call me in a few days, arrest me the voice again. Says that we can go. Bless that voice.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

talk about an epiphany! you have just given me insight into why i always check the "financial hardship" box on my jury duty request form...'financial hardship' because i dont think my insurance covers the medication it would take to peal me off the walls of the court room...or the F****ing mall for that fact. Can i attach this blog to the next request?? Thanks girl.

3:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i hadnt changed over my drivers licence yet when i was called last time. i got out of it by stating i was still a louisiana redident! ha.

also, i like the sunflowers.

tlp

8:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home