daily epiphanie

a usually sudden manifestation or perception of the essential nature or meaning of something.....

My Photo
Name:
Location: Chula Vista, California, United States

Monday, August 21, 2006

Stamp machine 1, Shakira 0.

I know its been a week since I've updated, bad Shakira (smacks hand).

So I have these two letters in my purse waiting to be mailed, yeah I know what's so special about that. Wait a second did I say mail, yeah that's right as in the postal service, stamps, getting a nasty tongue paper cut the whole bit.

Why I haven't I mailed them yet is simple, up until yesterday I didn't have stamps. Why did I not have stamps up until yestarday? Well, last week I attempted on two occasions to buy stamps by avoiding the post office because I knew it would be busy, didn't want to go though the drama of parking , rude people, etc.

The first place I went to the lady was a b**** and not only was she mean, she wanted to charge me $0.45, and the second the guy wanted to charge me four cents more. I know it's only a matter of six pennies or 10 cents but when stamps only costs $.39, that's a huge markup. I figured at some point in time I will drive by the Post office and get stamps.

That time came yestarday, the door to the post office was open so I went in thinking back to my two failed attempts at getting stamps. Ha! I'll get them over charge me for stamps. I walk in and I see it. The stamp machine. I walk up to it and freeze. I have no idea how to use this thing. How hard can it be, I am intelligent woman. First I put my money in and made my selection didn't work, then I tried to make my selection then put my money in no go. I hear a man counting change behind me, so trying to maintain some dignity I stepped back and told him to go ahead. He goes "why is it not working?" do you know what my intelligent reply was "uuuuhhh, I don't know how to work it. "

He did say anything just went ahead put his money in pressed the button, out came his stamps. The whole time I am watching him in sheer amazement and disbelief. WOW, I'm thinking this guy is some kind of genius. As he collects his stamps and begins to walk away I ask like a groupie how'd you do that. "oh, I guess you put the money in first, type the amount you want and there." I looked at him and almost wanted to hug him, as he left I did exactly what he said and wouldn't you know it my stamps came out.

You know what truly amazes me about this whole experience?
1. I spent more in gas then the price of the stamps.
2. I realized how dependent I am on my computer, to connect with friends, family, pay bills.
3. I am very spoiled.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home