daily epiphanie

a usually sudden manifestation or perception of the essential nature or meaning of something.....

My Photo
Name:
Location: Chula Vista, California, United States

Sunday, April 08, 2007

Blood Diamond

On Friday night my Brother Broderick and rented Blood Diamond. I tell you it was a very hard movie to watch. It basically there was or is a revolution in Sierra Leon between rebels and the government. Rebels took boys and trained them as soldiers and killed the adults who just wanted to live. I couldn't believe our own people. Even though it was a movie you can't make that stuff up. I found a blog on this for another movie called Cry Freetown about the revolution in 1999. I guess I woke up.

1 Comments:

Blogger bill h said...

Yeah, I know what you mean. These are very harsh things to watch, very disturbing and people might ask why watch? For me, we live in a very sheltered country, this I fear causes us to be insensitive to the things that are commonplace in other parts of the world. I'm glad to read about your wake up call. The hard part is knowing what to do about it all.

4:57 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home